You will appreciate all the upgrades in this Appalachian Log Home house on 2 acres with Opequon Creek frontage in Jefferson County. A gently sloping yard to the creek keeps the home high and dry out of the flood plain. From 8" thick poured basement walls, solid 'D' logs and double insulation in the ceiling this original owner house has had a lot of thought put in to it. Features a gourmet kitchen with gas stove, a center island and upgraded appliances. Main level master bedroom with huge attached bath. 2 bedrooms upstairs with full bath. And 2 more bedrooms on the lower level with full bath and a kitchen. Use for extended family or guests. The paved driveway circles all the way around the home and is lined with a fantastic stone wall. The whole house is wired for a generator and a 1000 gallon buried propane tank conveys with the sale that works the stove, water heater and the HVAC back up. Enjoy fishing (stocked creek), swimming or just relaxing near the creek. This is a must see log home.
Single Family-Detached, 3+ Story, Cabin
3 Full/1 Half
Common Hot Water Heater, LP Gas Water Heater, Well
6,617 sq. ft
Jefferson County Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Breakfast Room
- Master Bathroom
- Dining Area
- Hookups in Basement
- 2nd Kitchen, Eat-In Kitchen, Gourmet Kitchen, Island
- Square FootageAbove / Below (approx)
- 4,917 Sq. Ft. Above Ground. 1,700 Sq. Ft. Below Ground.
- Microwave, Range/Oven Built-in, Cooktop Downdraft, Dishwasher, Disposal, Electric Dryer, Indoor Grill, Double Oven, Gas Range/Cooktop, Electric Range/Cooktop, Refrigerator, Six Burner Range, Appliance Center, Washer, Water Treatment System
- Ceramic Tile, Carpet
- Central Air, Electric, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Electric Heating. Heat Pump.
- Full, Full Finished, Heated, Entrance Outside, Space For Rooms, Walkout
- Guest Facilities
- Gas Burning, Mantle, Stone, Fireplace.
- Additional Interior Features
- Breakfast Area, Open Floor Plan, Walk-in Closets, Cathedral/vaulted Ceiling, Beamed, High Ceiling
Exterior / Lot Features
- Paved Driveway, Private.
- Composition Shingle
- Lot View
- Mountain, Water, Trees/Woods
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Water Front, Out Building, Sidewalks. Creek Front, Asphalt.
Get Price Alerts Receive an email if price changes
Source: Sperling's Best Places
Median List Price $279,900
Median Sold Price $286,500
Days On Site 110
Sales-List Price 96.9%
SOURCE: Bright MLS