A one of a kind home a Home with History, The Elbert Beckwith House was built in 1865, but on the tax rolls it shows 1918. This spectacular home has been loving cared for by the current owners for the last 40 years. They have carefully upgraded and improved and added to the home since they moved in. They have been cautious to add on keeping with era and period of the home They replaced the original slate roof, a fireplace was added in the living room. In 1980 they added the enclosed 3 season porch with wood burning stove. In 1981 they added the 2 car garage under the enclosed porch. In 1985 they replaced the original shingle siding with low maintenance vinyl siding. May of 1989 they added a 3 story addition to the back of the home that included the large family room and half bath on the main level, a large game room on the lower level complete with full bath, and a large master suite on the 2nd floor complete with a large master bath suite, walk in closet and stackable laundry in the same area along with new shingles on the home to match the original roof shingles. In 1981 the three tiered deck was added to the back of the home. 1991 allowed them to upgrade the kitchen adding solid cherry cabinets and stainless steel appliances. In 2011 they upgraded to a gas water heater and they also added a single car garage with a work shop and shed below the workshop. In 2014 a new 25 year roof was added with architectural asphalt shingles. In 2015 The bathroom in the lower level was updated with new fixtures and tile. In 2016 they replaced two HVAC units. In 2019 a new SS dishwasher was installed.They have constantly worked on improving the interior and exterior of the home. It is a true treasure to find a home so perfectly maintained and with such timely additions for today's life styles.
Single Family-Detached, Colonial, 3+ Story
3 Full/1 Half
Common Hot Water Heater, Other, Gas Water Heater,
2,996 sq. ft
Yes - 1 space
Elbert Beckwith House
220v Service, Other, Cable TV, Electric service available, Natural Gas, Telephone, Propane
Montgomery County Public Schools
WILLIAM TYLER PAGE
Detailed Room Information
- Family Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Florida Room, Attic, Hobby Room
- Master Bathroom
- Dining Area, Formal
- Hookups in Basement
- Eat-In Kitchen
- Bath Description
- Stall Shower
- Square FootageAbove / Below (approx)
- 2,316 Sq. Ft. Above Ground. 680 Sq. Ft. Below Ground.
- Microwave, Range/Oven Built-in, Dishwasher, Dryer, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Refrigerator, Appliance Center, Washer, Stacked Washer/Dryer, Ice Maker, Humidifier
- Hardwood, Ceramic Tile, Other, Carpet, Wood
- Central Air, Electric, Heat Pump, A/C - Zone, A/C - Other, Ceiling Fan(s), Attic Fan
- Gas Heat, Electric Heating. Heat Pump, Forced Air, Zone.
- Guest Facilities
- Stained Glass, Bay Window(s), Double Pane, Palladian Windows, Screened
- 2. Mantle, Fireplace Screen, Gas Burning, Wood Stove, Fireplace.
- Alarm -Smoke/Fire
- Additional Interior Features
- Attic Storage, Built-Ins, Recessed Lights, Walk-in Closets, Window Treatment, Wood Floors, Open Floor Plan, Skylight
Exterior / Lot Features
- 1 Garage Spaces. 6 Parking Spaces. Street Parking, Front Entrance, Gravel, Circular Driveway, Paved Driveway.
- Deck, Enclosed, Patio, Porch, Roof Deck, Screened-in, Wrap-around Porch
- Lot View
- Panoramic, Scenic, Trees/Woods
- Lot Dimensions
- Sloped, Irregular
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Out Building, Sidewalks, Street Lights, Front Yard, Landscaped, Back Yard, Trees. Other, Secluded, Asphalt, Paved Road, Irregular, Wooded, Sloped.
Source: Sperling's Best Places
Median List Price $425,000
Median Sold Price $380,000
Days On Site 78
Sales-List Price 98.8%
SOURCE: Bright MLS