SKYVIEW is a stunning home perched atop a knoll on ten landscaped, manicured, and wooded acres. This Custom Estate is completely surrounded by outstanding uninterrupted Skyline and Blue Ridge mountain views. Each season offers another panoramic masterpiece, viewed from your own front-row VIP box. Every aspect of this home is situated to maximize the views, from the 270+ degrees of decking, a two +-story wall of windows, the bedroom and office custom windows; even the kitchen boasts miles and miles of scenery. Enjoy unobstructed 360 degree views of sunrises and sunsets above the Blue Ridge and Skyline Drive, with the nearest neighbor more than 1/4 mile away, in a neighborhood of paved roads and upscale ten-plus acre estates. The home itself is a ten-year-young four-bed, three-bath retreat, featuring an entry-level entertainment room, bedroom, full bath and laundry. On the Main Floor, there is a Master Bedroom with walk-in closet and full bath. There is a washer/dryer hookup in the hall closet. A custom country kitchen opens to the warm and spacious Great Room with stone hearth and gas fireplace. The third level offers two more bedrooms sharing a full bath, and loft overlooking the Great Room with spectacular views of Skyline Drive. There are three distinct entertaining areas of deck space: one screened in for summer and evening dining or entertaining overlooking a wooded meadow, another with the eight-person hot tub and dining area, and the third with expansive seating looking east, to vineyards and a 270 degree view of Skyline Drive. Down the hill from the home, there is The MEADOW, an approximately four acre section of manicured land with over a quarter-mile frontage on Gooney Run. Serene and peaceful, this is an excellent place for a gazebo, hammock, or benches to listen to the babbling creek. The PASTURE is an additional groomed ten acre lot also available. Located just seven miles south of Front Royal and I66, and less than 90 minutes from D.C., commutes to the Cities are simple and direct. Enjoy Kayaking, Skyline Drive hiking trails, hunting, and fishing. Myriad wildlife including wild turkeys, deer, fox, the occasional bear, and a wide variety of birds and butterflies frequent the property and neighborhood.
Single Family-Detached, A-Frame, Chalet, 3+ Story
3 Full/1 Half
Electric Water Heater, Private Water Service, Well
Cedar Exterior, Wood Siding, Stone
2,702 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
Cable TV, DSL Available, Electric service available, Onsite Telephone
Warren County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Family Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room
- Country Kitchen, Eat-In Kitchen
- Bath Description
- Stall Shower, Whirlpool Bath
- Square FootageAbove (approx)
- 2,702 Sq. Ft. Above Ground. Sq. Ft. Below Ground.
- Microwave, Cook Top Range, Dishwasher, Range/Oven Built-in, Electric Dryer, Dryer, Refrigerator, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Ice Maker, Double Oven, Wall Oven, Washer
- Hardwood, Tile
- Central Air, Electric, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Electric Heating. Heat Pump.
- Guest Facilities
- Double Pane, Casement, Screened
- 1. Gas Burning, Stone, Mantle, Fireplace.
- Alarm -Smoke/Fire
- Additional Interior Features
- Crown Molding, Open Floor Plan, Walk-in Closets, Wood Floors, Built-Ins
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces. 2 Parking Spaces. Built-In, Front Entrance, Gravel, Private, Oversized Parking.
- Wood, Stone, Cedar
- Porch, Screened-in, Wrap-around Porch, Deck
- Composition, Asphalt
- Lot View
- Mountain, Panoramic, Water, Scenic, Valley, Trees/Woods, Pasture
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Water Front, Exterior Lighting, Out Building, Landscaped. Mountain, Rural, Creek Front, Asphalt, Wooded, Open, Sloped.
Get Price Alerts Receive an email if price changes
Source: Sperling's Best Places
Median List Price $349,500
Median Sold Price $297,900
Days On Site 86
Sales-List Price 98.2%
SOURCE: Bright MLS