Stunning design & expansive living define this architectural gem in a spectacular setting on Island Lake, nestled on 9.56 acres w/water on 3 sides! Enjoy incredible privacy, sandy beachfront with east & west views + breathtaking sunrises/sunsets. A 350' private drive leads to the motor court of this exquisite stone estate w/a cedar shake roof, conceived by the late William Ku, chief architect/president of the firm that designed the World Trade Center. The home was originally built for Chairman of GM & renovated 8 years ago by Lou Desrosiers. Walls of glass flood the 6300+ sf interior w/natural light & showcase awing vistas. Airy 10'-15' ceilings, rich woods, luxury finishes, a grand great room, dining room, chef's kitchen, library & office make this an entertainer's dream. Other highlights are: attached 3-car garage, freestanding guard house w/HVAC, & detached heated & air conditioned 13-car garage that can be used for a recording studio, woodworking shop, art studio, playhouse, etc.
Single Family, Colonial, 2 Story
4 Full/1 Half
6,322 sq. ft
- Square Footage Below (approx)
- Sq. Ft. Above Ground. 147 Sq. Ft. Below Ground.
- Air Cleaner, Carbon Monoxide Detector, Humidifier, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Microwave
- Central Air
- Gas Heat. Forced Air.
- Unfinished Basement
- Guest Facilities
- Gas Burning, Dining Room, Family Room, Great Room.
- Security System
- Additional Interior Features
- Hydro Tub, Sound System, Wet Bar
Exterior / Lot Features
- Attached Garage, 3 Car Garage.
- Lot View
- Lot Dimensions
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Lake, Water Front, Dock Facility, Outdoor Lights, Satellite Dish. Paved Road.
IDX provided courtesy of Realcomp II Ltd. and , ©2019 Realcomp II Ltd. Shareholders
Get Price Alerts Receive an email if price changes
Source: Sperling's Best Places
Median List Price $746,500
Median Sold Price $185,000
Days On Site 71
Sales-List Price 95.3%
SOURCE: Real Comp