You can own a piece of history, charm, and character with this stone cape cod situated just outside of Mohnton, Berks County. Located on over 2.5 acres, you will find many unique features, not normally found in today's homes. 3 finished levels and over 4500 S.F. of living space includes a separate in-law quarters, main level and finished lower level. Drive into the circular driveway and enter under the covered car port. The hallway leads to a spacious bright & cheery living room area with a floor to ceiling stone fireplace. A doorway from the living room exits to the circular covered flagstone patio area that over looks the countryside. Adjacent to the living room is a large formal dining room with built in corner cupboard. The kitchen boasts stainless steel appliances, breakfast bar and adjacent eating area. 3 bedrooms, 2 of which include full baths, an additional powder room round out the main living area. The third bedroom was recently converted to a laundry area. The in-law quarters includes 2 bedrooms, kitchen, living room, and a full bath situated on the second level and is accessible by stairs or chair lift. The lower level also is accessible by stairs & chair lift, includes a 36 X 33 game room, pool table, stone fireplace and large wet bar. A private office, full bath, storage area, and 2 car garage complete the lower level. The exterior includes a partially wooded lot with BBQ fireplace and the possibility of subdividing the property. 2 zoned oil heat, 2 separate central air units, public water/sewer make this home a great buy!
Single Family, Cape Cod, 2 Story
4 Full/1 Half
Oil Hot Water Heater, Public Water Service
4,800 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
Circuit Breaker Box, Single Phase
Detailed Room Information
- Kitchen, Living Room, Office
- Master Bathroom
- 2nd Kitchen, Eat-In Kitchen
- Bath Description
- Stall Shower
- Square FootageAbove / Below (approx)
- 3,500 Sq. Ft. Above Ground. 1,300 Sq. Ft. Below Ground.
- Dishwasher, Ice Maker, Electric Range/Cooktop, Refrigerator, Appliance Center, Washer, Water Dispenser
- Hardwood, Ceramic Tile, Laminate, Carpet, Wood
- Central Air, Electric, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Oil, Hot Water.
- Full, Heated, Entrance Outside, Partially Finished, Walkout Stairs
- Guest Facilities
- Double Pane, Screened, Vinyl Frame
- 1. Stone, Fireplace.
- Monitor System, Security System, Alarm -Smoke/Fire
- Additional Interior Features
- Breakfast Area, Built-Ins, Cedar Closet, Laundry Chute, Walk-in Closets, Window Treatment
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces. 12 Parking Spaces. Uncovered, Gravel, Circular Driveway, Paved Driveway, Covered, Underground Parking.
- Patio, Porch, Wrap-around Porch
- Sloped, Irregular
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Front Yard, Landscaped, Back Yard, Side Yard. Rural, Paved Road, Irregular, Wooded, Sloped.
Source: Sperling's Best Places
Median List Price $284,450
Median Sold Price $196,500
Days On Site 106
Sales-List Price 98.2%
SOURCE: Bright MLS