Last Updated: 11/18/2017 9:59 AM
Southern Hills Mid Century Modern, Circa 1957.Originally built by and was the home of Springfield Architect James W. Matthews. Cabinetry was hand crafted by Carl Bissman. The current owner has brought back the original elements of mid century architecture by installing cork flooring, vintage style formica counter tops with todays glass tile back splashing and stainless steel sink. The baths maintain their original elements and the owner has refinished the original floating counters. The green washed tongue & groove mahogany paneling has been cleaned and preserved in its original design, as well as, many of the light fixtures throughout the home. This home is ''The Home'' for the Mid Century Modern enthusiast.
Single Family, Contemporary, 1 Story
City, Gas Water Heater
Brick, Cedar Exterior
2,018 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
Southern Hills Of Springfield
2,018 Sq. Ft. (approx)
Detailed Room Information
- Electric Range/Cooktop, Dishwasher, Disposal, Wall Oven
- Tile, Slate, Carpet
- Central Air, Electric, Attic Fan
- Gas Heat, Electric Heating. Forced Air, Baseboard, Central.
- Guest Facilities
- Storm Door
- Living Room, Stone, Wood-burning.
- Additional Interior Features
- Laminate Counter
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces. Street Parking.
- Brick, Cedar
- Patio, Screened Porch
- Lot Dimensions
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Gutters, Extra Storage. Corner, City Road, Asphalt.