Rare opportunity to own a true masterpiece of Mechanicsburg and a beautiful example of Victorian architecture. The 1896 home of town Burgess George Hummel was built by the finest builder of the day who also built the original Mechanicsburg High School. This two-story home is replete with decorative American Chestnut woodworking throughout and will captivate you as youwalk in to the grand staircase. This is a home with timeless elegance - unique and detailed, featuring hardwood flooring through out, pocket doors, and 5 bedrooms. The 5th Bedroom served as a maids quarter and also has a back stair case leading to the lower level. Old world charm with a slate roof, the character and detail are a visual dream. Set back from Main Street on a deep lot with detached two-car garage, the front porch is perfect for enjoyment of Jubilee Day each June. Plenty of storage in the walk up attic and large basement. Separate entrance for a home office.
Single Family-Detached, Victorian, 2 Story
Gas Water Heater, Public Water Service
2,959 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
Detailed Room Information
- Kitchen, Living Room, Foyer, Office, Maids Qtrs
- Dining Area, Formal
- Square FootageAbove (approx)
- 2,959 Sq. Ft. Above Ground. Sq. Ft. Below Ground.
- Hardwood, Carpet
- Window Air Conditioning, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Gas Heat. Radiators.
- Guest Facilities
- Additional Interior Features
- Breakfast Area, Crown Molding, Wood Floors, Cathedral/vaulted Ceiling
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces. 2 Parking Spaces. Rear Entrance, Gravel.
- Balcony, Deck
- HISTORICAL RESIDENTIAL
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting.
Get Price Alerts Receive an email if price changes
Source: Sperling's Best Places
Median List Price $328,395
Median Sold Price $242,750
Days On Site 82
Sales-List Price 98.9%
SOURCE: Bright MLS