Beautifully designed and artfully crafted, this classically elegant 6500+ sq ft oceanfront estate is pure joy! Perfectly set on 27 elevated oceanfront acres, once the site of Beavertail Country Club (tee boxes on the property!) with 1800 feet of private coastline overlooking the pristine and picturesque West Passage of the Narragansett Bay. Lovely and sunlit interiors with endless detail and charm include a 2 story entry with dramatic. curved staircase, large oceanside living room with beamed ceilings and marble fireplace, comfortable formal dining room with fireplace and French doors to terrace, perfect sunroom with walls of glass and stone floor, wood-paneled office/library, gourmet kitchen with stainless appliances, pantry and oceanview breakfast area opening to the perfect family room with arched doorways and stone fireplace. The second floor oceanview master suite has a balcony and marble spa bath. Additionally, there are 3 generously sized bedrooms, all with baths as well as a fabulous den with fireplace and wetbar. There is a full basement, oversized garage, outdoor shower and separate barn.The setting is magical and includes a stone bridge over a small pond, open fields, tree-lined drive and lovely landscaping. Enjoy the daily comings and goings of boats of all descriptions as they pass through the Bay. As the day ends, watch the spectacular sunset from your stone terrace or walk down the stairs for a swim or a lovely walk along the rocky coast. An absolute delight!
Single Family, Colonial
4 Full/2 Half
Oil Hot Water Heater, Common Hot Water Heater, Mun
6,555 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
200 Amps, Circuit Breaker Box, Underground, Cable TV, Insulation-Ceiling, Insulation-Floors, Insulation
Detailed Room Information
- Bath Description
- Combined Tub/Shower, Whirlpool Bath
- Dishwasher, Dryer, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Garbage Disposal, Microwave, Range-Oven, Washer
- Hardwood, Marble, Ceramic
- Central Air, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Oil, Hydronic. Radiant.
- Unfinished Basement, Full
- Guest Facilities
- 4. Marble, Stone, Tile.
- Additional Interior Features
- Attic Storage, Attic Stairs - Fixed, Wet Bar
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces. 10 Parking Spaces. Attached Garage.
- Deck, Patio, Porch, Screened-in
- Sprinkler System
- Lot View
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Walk to Water, Water Front, Ocean, Salt Water, Barn, Out Building, Private Compound. Golf Course, Highway Access, Hospital, Marina, Close To School, Recreation Facility, Close To Shops, Swimming, Tennis, Horse Property, Wooded.
Source: Sperling's Best Places
Median List Price $699,700
Median Sold Price $495,000
Days On Site 140
Sales-List Price 97.0%
SOURCE: State-Wide MLS of Rhode Island