Behind the private gates off cobblestoned Princess Street, awaits a spectacular oasis in the heart of Old Town. Sited on one of Old Town~s larger lots, this exceptional 5300 square foot residence offers unrivaled luxury and privacy. Originally built in 1821, the Federal style home has been painstakingly renovated and expanded while retaining its historic character. Some of the highlights include period moldings and millwork, elegant formal spaces with soaring ceilings and original detailing, renovated gourmet kitchen, light-filled family room off kitchen, stunning master bedroom with built-ins and custom dressing room, all season porch with mahogany windows and doors, mudroom with built-ins, formal dining room with hand painted Chinese panels. The exquisite grounds feature mature trees, lush landscaping, patio and custom limestone water fountain. The carriage house accommodates parking for three cars and includes a full apartment with bedroom, living area, kitchen, and spa-inspired bathroom with steam shower. Located within steps of shopping, dining, parks, and transit and just minutes from downtown, Amazon HQ 2, Reagan National, and the Pentagon. This is truly a rare opportunity. *Main house has 6 bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms, Carriage house has separate bedroom, full bathroom, kitchen, and living room.*
Single Family-Detached, 3+ Story, Federal
5 Full/1 Half
Gas Water Heater, Public Water Service
5,322 sq. ft
Yes - 3 spaces
Old Town Alexandria
Alexandria City Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Family Room, Inlaw Suite, Kitchen, Living Room, Storage, Foyer, Mud Room
- Master Bathroom
- Dining Area
- Gourmet Kitchen
- Square FootageAbove (approx)
- 5,322 Sq. Ft. Above Ground. Sq. Ft. Below Ground.
- Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Ice Maker, Microwave, Gas Range/Cooktop, Refrigerator, Trash Compactor, Washer, Intercom System
- Central Air, Electric, A/C - Zone
- Gas Heat. Forced Air, Zone.
- Entrance Outside, Full, Unfinished Basement, Walkout Stairs
- Guest Facilities
- 7. Mantle, Fireplace.
- Security System, TV Entry System
- Additional Interior Features
- Breakfast Area, Built-Ins, Crown Molding, Window Treatment, Wood Floors, High Ceiling
Exterior / Lot Features
- 3 Garage Spaces. 4 Parking Spaces. Gravel, Brick Driveway, Oversized Parking.
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Fountain, Landscaped.
Get Price Alerts Receive an email if price changes
Source: Sperling's Best Places
Median List Price $625,000
Median Sold Price $510,000
Days On Site 49
Sales-List Price 100.5%
SOURCE: Bright MLS