Perfectly maintained and beautifully restored Federal Colonial Circa 1830. Built by Leonard Farley a renowned covered bridge builder in his day. Many original features are intact including 7 fireplaces, wide pine floors, timeless moldings and raised paneling. Extending behind the original home is a 60' long ell which encompasses the open updated kitchen complete with granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances. Extending from the kitchen is the great room once the carriage house. Unique continuous transom windows extend the entire east side of the ell. This room provides for wonderful family and entertainment space with original hewn beams spanning the 10.5' high ceiling. Architecturally redesigned barn features 2,500 sq.ft. Zoned commercial makes it perfectly suited for an in home office or endless income generating opportunities. The first level features a brick fireplace,1/2 bath and C/A. The elevations facing the street displays a large multi-paned picture window capped with transom windows. A private courtyard separates the main home and a 1840sq.ft. two story cape style structure. This space could be easily converted for multiple uses. Office/in-law/air B&B. Complete with its own septic and C/A. Unique opportunity to own 3 picturesque sprawling acres zoned for Commercial/residential use. The location has great visibility in the heart of this quintessential community. Steps from the town center with shops and attractions. Price listed under assessed valuation.
Single Family, Colonial, 2 Story, Federal
1 Full/1 Three-Qtr/3 Half
Private Water Service, Gas Water Heater
Post and Beam, Wood Frame, Clapboard, Wood
Private Sewer System, Septic
200 Amps, Circuit Breaker Box, Propane, Cable TV
HOLLIS UPPER ELEM SCHOOL
HOLLIS BROOKLINE MIDDLE SCH
HOLLIS-BROOKLINE HIGH SCHOOL
Detailed Room Information
- Family Room, Living Room, Office, Kitchen/Family Combo
- Master Suite
- First Floor Laundry
- pantry walk-in, Eat-In Kitchen
- Gas Range/Cooktop, Dishwasher, Dryer, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Microwave, Bar Refrigerator, Double Oven, Wall Oven, Refrigerator, Washer
- Ceramic Tile, Carpet, Wood
- Central Air, A/C - Zone
- Gas Heat, Oil. Forced Air, Zone.
- Entrance Inside, Concrete, Daylight, Full, Entrance Outside, Storage, Unfinished Basement
- Guest Facilities
- 3. Gas Burning, Wood-burning, 2 or More Fireplaces, Fireplace.
- Security System, Alarm -Smoke/Fire
- Additional Interior Features
- Window Blinds, Cathedral/vaulted Ceiling, Gas Fireplace, Woodburning Fireplace, Kitchen Island, Skylight, Walk-in Closets, Window Treatment
Exterior / Lot Features
- Paved Driveway.
- Wood, Clapboard
- Asphalt Shingle
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Barn, Out Building, Extra Storage, Landscaped. Central Business District, Business Park, Historic Area, In City, Close To Shops, Corner, Rural, Public Roads, Pasture, Level, Open.
Get Price Alerts Receive an email if price changes
Source: Sperling's Best Places
Median List Price $597,450
Median Sold Price $599,000
Days On Site 58
Sales-List Price 100.0%
SOURCE: Northern New England Real Estate Network