Three story Tallmadge & Watson Prairie delight on estate like grounds in the very heart of the Village. This outstanding home was the second house designed in Oak Park for the Gustavus Babson family. Impressive entry with unusual double foyer opens into big, bright rooms. The library/office has fabulous views of the expansive lawn and street scape. The living room with FP has views of both front and back yards and opens to one of the best screened in porches you will ever find! Both living and dining rooms have architecturally interesting ceilings. The kitchen is set up for multiple cooks with top quality appliances, a butlers pantry and breakfast bar/work area that opens to the sunny breakfast room with stunning original skylight. Family room w/FP is a few steps up from the main floor on the mezzanine level. 2nd floor features a gracious master bedroom suite with dressing room & glamorous bath. 3 additional bedrooms on 2nd floor all have en suite baths. 2 bedrooms & full bath on 3rd.
Single Family, Prairie, 3 Story
5 Full/1 Half
Public Water Service
5,831 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
OLIVER W HOLMES ELEMENTARY SCHOO
GWENDOLYN BROOKS MIDDLE SCHOOL
OAK PARK & RIVER FOREST HIGH SCH
Detailed Room Information
- Foyer, Office, Breakfast Room
- Range-Oven, Microwave, Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Washer, Dryer
- Hardwood, Other, Carpet, Stone
- Central Air
- Gas Heat.
- Full, Unfinished Basement
- Guest Facilities
- 2. Family Room, Living Room.
- Additional Interior Features
- Atrium, Walk-in Closets, Pantry, Cathedral/vaulted Ceiling, Skylight
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces. Detached Garage, Garage.
- Stucco, Brick
- Screened Porch, Patio, Porch
- Lot Dimensions
- 138 X 174, .50-.99 Acre
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Concrete Road, Curbs & gutters.
Get Price Alerts Receive an email if price changes
Source: Sperling's Best Places
Median List Price $402,499
Median Sold Price $345,750
Days On Site 86
Sales-List Price 96.9%
SOURCE: Midwest Real Estate Data