Own a rare piece of Madison, GA's history... where living is EASY! Barrow Academy, C. 1840 is one of the most famous homes in Madison. Its unique New Orleans style is not often seen in this part of GA & was formerly a school in the 1850's. This home has been completely restored while carefully retaining original woodwork, fireplaces, windows, hardwood floors & adding custom features. Boasting of 13 ft ceilings, beautiful open kitchen w/ brick, remolded BA & 6 fireplaces. One fireplace is from an 800 yr old castle in Italy & the others are original. Sitting on the beautiful manicured lawn is a guest house/office w/ a full bath. With to many features to list, you will want to see this historic property for yourself. Don't miss this charm in downtown Madison!
Single Family-Detached, 2+ Story
Public Water Service
Brick/Frame, Wood Siding
3,168 sq. ft
MORGAN COUNTY PRIMARY/ELEMENTA
Detailed Room Information
- Family Room, Inlaw Suite, Living Room, Recreation Room, Exercise Room, Library, Media
- Master Bedroom on Main
- Dishwasher, Range-Oven, Refrigerator
- Hardwood, Tile
- Central Air, Electric
- Electric Heating. Central.
- Bath Finished, Daylight, Entrance Inside, Entrance Outside, Finished Rooms, Full
- Guest Facilities
- 6. Great Room, Living Room, Master Bedroom.
- Additional Interior Features
- Ceilings 9 Ft Plus
Exterior / Lot Features
- Attached Garage, 2 Car Garage, Parking Pad, Guest Parking, Off Street.
- Deck/Patio, Porch
- Fenced Yard
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Walk to Shopping. Corner, Level.
Source: Sperling's Best Places
Median List Price $339,900
Median Sold Price $290,000
Days On Site 126
Sales-List Price 97.5%
SOURCE: GAMLS: Georgia Metro Listing Service