Start your own business with nearly 48 acres of lush meadow & woods, a recently built greenhouse, large tractor shed and an oversized, heated 1-car garage with workshop. A pristine and private countryside setting where you can live in or two houses on the property. The original 3-bedroom house(circa 1995) was built into a berm and completely off the grid. The newer 2-bedroom barn house was added in 2016 and has special features like a living stone shower, modern kitchen & custom tile work can be found in both houses. There is full electric for the entire property but solar panels help lower the cost of electricity. A great location near Bucks Harbor for deep water mooring and centrally located between Blue Hill, Castine & Deer Isle/Stonington. Many possibilities for a fisherman who needs space for boats and equipment, an organic gardener or anyone who has an appreciation for nature and privacy.
Single Family, Other
Private Water Service, Well
Earth Sheltered, Wood Frame, Wood Siding
3,502 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
Circuit Breaker Box, Solar, Propane
Detailed Room Information
- First Floor Bedroom
- Square FootageAbove / Below (approx)
- 2,322 Sq. Ft. Above Ground. 1,180 Sq. Ft. Below Ground.
- Dishwasher, Dryer, Gas Range/Cooktop, Microwave, Refrigerator, Washer
- Tile, Wood
- Electric Heating, Propane. Radiant.
- Daylight, Finished, Walkout
- Guest Facilities
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces. Detached Garage, Garage, Gravel, 1 Car.
- Deck, Glass Porch/Balcony
- Lot View
- Scenic, Trees/Woods, Fields
- Farm Type
- Agriculture Use
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Out Building. Rural, Farm, Gravel Road, Private Roads, Right of Way, Agriculture Use, Pasture, Wooded.
Source: Sperling's Best Places
Median List Price $399,000
Median Sold Price $199,018
Days On Site 208
Sales-List Price 92.1%
SOURCE: Maine Real Estate Information System (MREIS)