An exceptional architect-designed 6,105 square foot home perched 100 feet-high on a bluff overlooking the Chesapeake Bay - the Chesapeake/Delaware shipping channel in full view. Included in the sale is the adjacent .66 acre parcel, "LOT PAR 1-2 ON A PL S/S MONTGOMERY AVE." You'll never tire of watching the ships and daily sunsets through the floor to ceiling windows. Floors throughout are finished in quarter-sawn red oak. Bluestone surrounds the house and continues into the entryway that provides a dramatic dining space with a 17-foot ceiling and a waterview as the backdrop. Sweeping open floor plan is graceful and elegant in its simplicity - full of light, angles, white walls and stunning views from every window. Plenty of gallery-like spaces to display your art. A chef-designed gourmet kitchen is a cook's dream, complete with a Thermador gas cooktop and electric double oven, two Subzero refrigerators, a Subzero freezer, under-counter Subzero refrigerator drawers, granite counters, and adjoining butler's pantry and many more custom features. A must see. First floor master suite has two luxurious master bathrooms finished in limestone and two custom designed walk-in closets with built-ins. Nationally known artisan-designed cherry stair rail leads to the guest floor with four bedrooms, three full baths and a huge bonus room, which could make a wonderful studio or game room. There are never-ending bay views from almost every room in the house. Heating and cooling is provided by a geothermal system. A three-car garage continues the house exterior design with matching trim and cedar shingles. Dock your boat at the premier marina just a three minute drive away. Nearby is Rock Hall with more marinas, shops, restaurants, and a world-class jazz venue called the Mainstay. Twelve miles away is historic Chestertown with Washington College and more shops and restaurants. Within two hours to Philadelphia, Baltimore and DC. By appointment only. This is one of the finest designed homes on the Eastern Shore. Be sure to allow plenty of time for your tour.
Single Family-Detached, Contemporary, 2 Story
5 Full/1 Half
Softener Own, Common Hot Water Heater, Other, Well
Frame, Glass, Mason, Mixed, Cedar Exterior, Concre
6,105 sq. ft
Yes - 3 spaces
Kent County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Den/Study, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room
- Master Bathroom, Studio Efficiency
- Dining Area
- Butler Pantry, Gourmet Kitchen
- Square FootageAbove (approx)
- 6,105 Sq. Ft. Above Ground. Sq. Ft. Below Ground.
- Range/Oven Built-in, Disposal, Dryer, Ice Maker, Microwave, Washer, Water Dispenser, Dishwasher, Double Oven, Refrigerator, Six Burner Range, Water Treatment System
- Hardwood, Tile, Slate
- Central Air, A/C - Zone, Ceiling Fan(s), Geo-Thermal
- Geothermal, Forced Air, Zone, Central.
- Partially Finished, Poured
- Guest Facilities
- Security System, Alarm -Smoke/Fire
- Additional Interior Features
- Breakfast Area, Built-Ins, Cedar Closet, Combination Living/dining Room, Open Floor Plan, Recessed Lights, Skylight, Walk-in Closets, Wood Floors, Cathedral/vaulted Ceiling, High Ceiling, Vaulted
Exterior / Lot Features
- 3 Garage Spaces. 3 Parking Spaces. Street Parking, Front Entrance, Gravel, Circular Driveway, Private, Stone Driveway, Covered.
- Cedar, Frame, Glass, Concrete
- Breezeway, Porch, Screened-in
- Composition Shingle
- Lot View
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Riprap, Water Front, Exterior Lighting, Out Building, Landscaped, Fishing. Dead End Street, Secluded, Bay Front, Sloped.
Get Price Alerts Receive an email if price changes
Source: Sperling's Best Places
Median List Price $325,000
Median Sold Price $230,000
Days On Site 131
Sales-List Price 95.8%
SOURCE: Bright MLS