Once in a lifetime opportunity to own this custom two story brick colonial in over 1/2 acre sloping lot facing Hockessin library, Swift Park, and the baseball field. Watch the 4th of July fireworks from your front yard and walk down to the parade and the relays. This home greets you with slate front steps, landscaped yard a large composite rear deck with sound, lights , brand new shed and gas grill connection. Center hall two story foyer with open hardwood staircase. Formal living room and dining room, office with french doors and brand new carpet. Renovated kitchen with solid wood cabinetry, granite counter-tops, stainless steel appliances, garden window, pantry and sliding glass doors to the rear deck. The family room offers, new gas fireplace, cathedral ceilings two skylights and two sets of doors to your deck. The second floor offers four generous size bedrooms. The master bedroom has cathedral ceilings, skylight a true walk in closet and original four piece tile bath with double sinks. The finished basement includes a full tile bath, game room with wet-bar and space for an exercise or hobby room. Oversize two car garage, updated high efficiency HVAC system, hot water heater and owned solar panels make this home not only beautiful but efficient. Take a look at what this house has to offer and make it yours before the holidays!
Single Family-Detached, Colonial, 2 Story
3 Full/1 Half
Common Hot Water Heater, Gas Water Heater, Public
Brick, Vinyl Siding, Aluminum Siding
3,400 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
Other, Cable TV, DSL Available, Fiber Optics, Natural Gas, Onsite Telephone
Red Clay Consolidated
Detailed Room Information
- Family Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Exercise Room, Office
- Master Bathroom
- Dining Area, Formal
- Eat-In Kitchen, Island
- Bath Description
- Whirlpool Bath
- Square FootageAbove / Below (approx)
- 2,650 Sq. Ft. Above Ground. 750 Sq. Ft. Below Ground.
- Microwave, Dishwasher, Disposal, Electric Dryer, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Self-Cleaning Oven, Gas Range/Cooktop, Refrigerator, Appliance Center, Washer
- Hardwood, Ceramic Tile, Other, Carpet
- Central Air, Electric, A/C - Other, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Gas Heat.
- Partial, Full Finished
- Guest Facilities
- Double Pane, Screened, Skylights, Vinyl Frame
- 1. Gas Burning, Insert, Marble, Mantle, Fireplace.
- Additional Interior Features
- Breakfast Area, Built-Ins, Crown Molding, Open Floor Plan, Recessed Lights, Skylight, Walk-in Closets, Window Treatment, Wood Floors, Cathedral/vaulted Ceiling
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces. 4 Parking Spaces. Gravel, Oversized Parking.
- Brick, Vinyl, Aluminum
- Composition Shingle
- Lot View
- Lot Dimensions
- 89.10 x 338.00
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Out Building, Front Yard, Landscaped, Back Yard, Side Yard. Other, Suburban, Asphalt, Irregular, Wooded.
Get Price Alerts Receive an email if price changes
Source: Sperling's Best Places
Median List Price $489,900
Median Sold Price $400,000
Days On Site 102
Sales-List Price 98.4%
SOURCE: Bright MLS