Spectacular scenery and base camp for outdoor adventures with family and friends, not roughing it. Canoe, kayak, sail, swim and fish Ives Lake. Tell tall tales by the big stone fireplace, sun on the beach, listen to loons, hike to high rock overlooks, Pinnacle Falls, or the McCormic Wilderness Tract. The Marquette area has world class mountain bike trails year round. Camp sleeps six. Ives is a large 470 acre natural lake with depths to 110 feet, the beach is sand, trout (and perch) fishing is great, and you`ll find the cabin warm and welcoming. A significant portion of the value derives from Seven Pines` location within the guarded gates and surrounding 35 square miles of the exclusive and spectacular Huron Mountain Club. This is the only parcel sold on a major lake entirely within the Club since it was created in the 1880's. The HMC land is one of the premier parcels of recreational real estate in the north-central U.S. As one visitor put it, "if this property were ever sold it would likely become our next national park." It is frequently called "the finest undeveloped tract of recreational land east of the Mississippi." The only house, historic "Stone House built in the 1920's by John Longyear, first President of the Huron Mt. Club, is distantly visible from the living room of the cabin.The original cabin was constructed in 1957. We totally remodeled it with a Boston architect and a Marquette contractor. All systems and construction were brought to Code, approved by Marquette County. The interior is cedar, fir, cherry and pine. It has a massive stone fireplace, two bathrooms, two bunk rooms and a master bedroom. Kitchen counters are native Lake Superior granite. There is a dishwasher and trash compactor. Our contractor measured the square footage of the structure including the screened porch, the area we use most in the summer and fall, as 1,568 SF.
Single Family, 2 Story
LP Gas Water Heater, Well Private
1,568 sq. ft
Powell Township Schools
- Square FootageAbove / Below (approx)
- 1,568 Sq. Ft. Above Ground.
- Refrigerator, Range-Oven, Dishwasher, Microwave, Trash Compactor, Freezer, Exhaust Fan/Hood
- Ceiling Fan(s)
- Propane, Hot Water. Baseboard.
- Guest Facilities
- Bay Window(s)
- Fireplace, Gas Burning, Wood-burning, Heatilator, Masonry.
- Alarm -Smoke/Fire
- Additional Interior Features
- Window Drapes-curtains, Drapery Rods Only, Cathedral/vaulted Ceiling, Pantry, Walls - Panelling
Exterior / Lot Features
- No Covered Parking, No Parking.
- Deck, Porch Covered
- Lot Dimensions
- 443 x 1680 x 438 x 1560
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Water Access Deeded, Lake Access, Water Front, Creek, Private Dock, Shed. Other, Lake Front, Community Maintenance, Gravel Road, Asphalt, Private Road Maintenance, Hard Wood, Rolling.
Source: Sperling's Best Places
Median List Price $1,395,000
Median Sold Price $36,000
Days On Site 96
Sales-List Price 95.0%
SOURCE: mingla - Northern Great Lakes Association