A rare jewel in the crown of Blowing Rock. Located on the Eastern Continental Divide and by the high mountain headwaters of the New River. Spectacular luxury residence with amazing features. Hidden away in a secret woodsy corner in the heart of Blowing Rock. Nestled above a trickling spring-fed stream, surrounded by rhododendron and tall trees, behind a gated driveway AND in a walk to town setting that feels like your personal park. You are IN TOWN, but seems so secluded as you listen to the meandering creek and birdsong. Green space outside every window. Main residence has soaring spaces, abundant natural light, tall windows, expansive decks, gorgeous chef's kitchen with HUGE butler's pantry, elegant baths, spacious bedrooms, top tier details. Mahogany entry door, solid walnut wood floors, extensive fenestration. Separate two story guest house adjoins garage. Guest house has mini-kitchen(no stove), LR, FP, full BA, sleeping areas, patio and balcony overlooking creek/woods. Garage has H/AC and its own half bath. Impressive architecture/design. Natural landscaping. 3BR/3BA/2HB in main house - ensuite on each floor. 1 Loft BR/1.5BA guest house. A dream home in a fantasy setting.
Single Family, Other
4 Full/3 Half
Electric Water Heater, Tankless Water Heater, City
Wood Frame, Cedar Exterior, Siding, Shake, Stone,
3,955 sq. ft
Detailed Room Information
- First Floor Laundry, Dryer Connection
- 2nd Kitchen
- Square FootageAbove (approx)
- 3,955 Sq. Ft. Above Ground. Sq. Ft. Below Ground.
- Gas Range/Cooktop, Convection Oven, Dishwasher, Double Oven, Dryer, Garbage Disposal, Refrigerator, Wall Oven, Warming Drawer, Washer
- Central Air, Electric, Heat Pump, A/C - Zone, Air Cond. Unit
- Electric Heating. Heat Pump, Forced Air, Baseboard, Zone.
- Guest Facilities
- Double Pane
- 3. Fireplace.
- Security System, TV Entry System
- Additional Interior Features
- Internet Connection, Cathedral/vaulted Ceiling, Wet Bar, Window Treatment, Attic Storage
Exterior / Lot Features
- Detached Garage, Shared Driveway, 1 Car.
- Wood, Shakes, Stone, Cedar, Siding
- Porch Covered, Open Porch, Wrap-around Porch
- Composition Shingle
- Lot View
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Wooded, Timber.
- Community Amenities
- Gated Community
Source: Sperling's Best Places
Median List Price $575,000
Median Sold Price $1,000,000
Days On Site
Not enough information to display market trend data at this time
Sales-List Price 88.9%
SOURCE: High Country Association of Realtors