A breathtaking Low Country estate on 20.49 acres in Marion! This particular property, with this special home on this land, provides freedom and opportunities you wouldn't get at the beach. Many believe the most precious resource is the land, on which its residents and caretakers can enjoy the lifestyle of their dreams, but a home like this one only enhances the land in the most perfect way. After making your way down the winding country dirt road, the view of your land opens up at the curve as you take in the stunning front pasture and receive your first glimpse of the grand red metal roofed home. Quality and beauty of craftsmanship are found at every turn, from the exterior cypress lapboard and brick masonry accents to the interior antique heart of pine flooring and doors throughout the home. You are sure to appreciate the variety of use of all the space, including multiple common living areas and private bedroom quarters (three master bedroom suites!). The features of this home are nearly too numerous to mention; however, of notable interest are three fireplaces, large paneled windows, hardwood floors, paneling, and ceilings, formal and informal dining areas, a gourmet kitchen with a butler's pantry, an abundance of storage closets, and reading nooks with views of the land. A sprawling front porch, rear screened porch, and rear patio encourage the enjoyment of the serenity and beauty of your surroundings. Needless to say, this home is a must-see-for-yourself rarity. An immediate house tour experience is available through the professionally-made Virtual Walkthrough link above. Of the 20.49 acres, 17 is pastured, perfectly suited for equestrians, hosting milestone events (weddings, reunions, etc) and so much more. Square footage is approximate and not guaranteed. Buyer is responsible for verification.
Single Family-Detached, 3+ Story
4 Full/1 Half
Well Private, Other, Gas Water Heater
4,501 sq. ft
Yes - 3 spaces
Not Within A Subdivision
Electric, Cable TV, Telephone, Other
Detailed Room Information
- Recreation Room, Workshop, Foyer, Utility Room
- Split Plan, Master Bedroom on Main, Walk-In Closet, Master BR with Closet
- Formal, Dining Area, Kitchen Combo
- Washer/Dryer Connection
- Butler Pantry
- Bath Description
- Dual Sinks, Shower Only, Vanity, Whirlpool Bath
- Washer/Dryer, Range, Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Microwave, Double Oven, Range Hood
- Tile, Carpet, Wood
- Central Air, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Gas Heat, Electric Heating. Central.
- Guest Facilities
- Family Room.
- Security System
- Additional Interior Features
- Walls - Panelling, Permanent Stairs Attic, Smoke Alarm
Exterior / Lot Features
- 3 Garage Spaces. 100 Parking Spaces. Attached Garage.
- Patio, Front Porch, Rear Porch, Screened Porch
- Lot Dimensions
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Satellite Dish, Extra Storage. Flood Zone, Irrigation well, Irregular, Acreage.
Source: Sperling's Best Places
Median List Price $96,900
Median Sold Price $107,500
Days On Site 137
Sales-List Price 94.6%
SOURCE: SCCCAR - Coastal Carolinas