Last Updated: 9/23/2017 3:21 PM
Architect/Designer home, built 2012. Set within ocean and canyon views, this custom home reminds us why midcentury modern design is so present in our consciousness, it emotionally connects the inside with the out. The home is located on a private corner lot and cul-de-sac street, it’s floating horizontal lines, and asymmetric compositions combine to create a harmony of balance, and transparency. The architect's love of simple, rich, understated, raw materials and finishes give a warm, and inspired quality of living. This home provides an open floor plan, honed concrete floors, t&g redwood ceilings and exterior siding, and thoughtful lighting inside and out. The kitchen provides walnut cabinetry, Killingsworth hardware, hidden panel appliances, Wolf range, quartzite countertops, island with floating waterfall design, and above island skylight. The back of the home is a wall of Fleetwood glass with electronic shades. The Master Suite provides a private bath with solid resin tub, Cifial fixtures, carrara marble, custom concrete sink, walnut cabinetry, and a walk in closet. The other bedrooms have custom closets, and a bath done in carrara marble with Cifial fixtures. The exterior provides a large private indoor/outdoor covered patio and deck off main living spaces, a covered front patio, a side yard, and a large rooftop deck with ocean views. Inspired by Neutra, Killingsworth, and Lautner… this home echoes a timeless modernist lifestyle.
Single Family, Other
Concrete, Glass, Steel, Stone
1,700 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
Detailed Room Information
- First Floor Bedroom
- Range/Oven Built-in, Dishwasher, Garbage Disposal, Gas Range/Cooktop, Microwave, Self-Cleaning Oven, Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Central Air
- Forced Air.
- Guest Facilities
- Casement, Double Pane, Insulated Window, Skylights
- No Fireplace.
- Alarm -Smoke/Fire
- Additional Interior Features
- Breakfast Bar, Beamed, Built-Ins, Built-Ins, High Ceiling, Home Automation, Open Floor Plan, Recessed Lights, Stone Counter Top, Data Wiring/Cat 5, Sound System Wiring, Fire Sprinklers, Window Blinds
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces. 2 Parking Spaces. Front Entrance, Storage Room, Driveway.
- Stone, Steel, Glass, Concrete
- Balcony, Concrete, Patio, Roof Top Deck, Wood Decking, Wrap-around Porch
- Lot View
- City, Hill, Ocean, Canyon, Coastline View, Catalina Island View
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Gutters, Sidewalks, Satellite Dish. Curbs Walk, Storm drains.
Avenida Presidio( east) to Calle de Soto(right) to Calle Nina(right)
Source: Sperling's Best Places
Median list price $1,133,949
Median sold price $905,000
Days On Market 86
Sales-List Price 1.0%
SOURCE: CRMLS - California Regional MLS