''Twin Cottage'' is a grand Shingle Style residence sited on a lovely landscaped 0.63 acre lot in York Harbor and within a short walk to renowned Harbor Beach along with local restaurants, Cliff Walk and Fisherman's Walk. Built in 1904 for NYC silversmith Henry Blanchard Dominic, the house combines turn-of-the-century architecture with contemporary additions. Entering through the gracious entry hall with soaring ceilings and ensuing veranda, you are flanked by a spacious formal living room, den, and elegant dining room. The recently renovated kitchen features marble counter-tops, new appliances including a built-in cofffee/cappuccino machine and beer tap system and stylish white oak flooring. The center staircase leads to a second and third floor with 5 bedrooms and captivating ocean views. Guests will enjoy the separate suite with 2 bedrooms, full bathroom and great room, accessed by a separate staircase. An oversized two-car garage is attached offering ample storage.
Single Family, Victorian, 3 Story
4 Full/2 Half
Public Water Service, Electric Water Heater
Wood Frame, Clapboard
6,187 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
Circuit Breaker Box, Cable TV
Detailed Room Information
- Family Room, Inlaw Suite, Kitchen, Living Room, Office
- Master Bathroom, Master Suite
- Dining Area, Kitchen Combo
- Inside, Second Floor Laundry
- pantry walk-in
- Square FootageAbove / Below (approx)
- 6,187 Sq. Ft. Above Ground.
- Gas Range/Cooktop, Dishwasher, Dryer, Microwave, Double Oven, Wall Oven, Refrigerator, Washer
- Hardwood, Tile, Carpet
- None, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Oil, Hot Water. Radiant, Baseboard.
- Entrance Inside, Unfinished Basement
- Guest Facilities
- 3. Wood-burning, 2 or More Fireplaces.
- Additional Interior Features
- Attic Storage, Woodburning Fireplace, Kitchen Island, Walk-in Closets, Wet Bar
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces. Attached Garage, Paved Driveway.
- Deck, Patio, Porch
- Asphalt Shingle
- Lot View
- Water, View
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Landscaped. Paved Road, Public Roads.
Get Price Alerts Receive an email if price changes
Source: Sperling's Best Places
Median List Price $574,900
Median Sold Price $450,500
Days On Site 93
Sales-List Price 96.4%
SOURCE: Northern New England Real Estate Network