All we expect from Mt. Washington view, privacy, unique living space and nearness to everywhere.A Mount Washington modern beauty at 943 Mayo Street designed by renowned ceramist and artist Porntip Sangvanich in conjunction with architect Sombat Sirakovit. It features all we have come to expect from the hill view, privacy, unique living space and nearness to Southern California amenities.It is set back from the street, framed by a spectacular entry garden with enormous succulents, fruit trees and decorative shrubs. The interior space includes a downstairs bedroom, two others upstairs, a sitting room and studio. The entry, dining room and living room have newly polished hardwood floors, high ceilings and lots of windows bringing the outdoor views in and expanding the living space.The public area is designed so the kitchen, dining room and living room are open to one another... a perfect entertaining space.The kitchen cabinets are birch plywood designed by Porntip, and the range is a Fasar induction range cook-top. The range surround tiles are designed by her, too.There are downstairs patios, upstairs view balconies and a big rear yard waiting for a new owner to add personal garden and landscape touches. The master bedroom is spacious and is roomy enough for your bed, dressers, seating and dressing areas and more as a private sanctuary with The public area is designed so the kitchen, dining room and living room are open to one another... a perfect entertaining space.An expansive studio is attached to the main house, yet with separate entrances, including a roll-up door for large projects. It features high ceilings, lots of storage, a project sink and great work space. The floors have a latent heat system, too.
Single Family, 2 Story
2,374 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
Not Applicable - 1007242
Detailed Room Information
- Living Room
- First Floor Bedroom, Dressing Area, Master Suite, 1 Master Suite
- Hookups in Laundry Room, Gas Dryer Hookup
- Microwave, Range Hood, Electric Range/Cooktop, Garbage Disposal, Dishwasher, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Refrigerator, Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Central Air
- Gas Heat.
- Guest Facilities
- Tinted Window, Double Pane
- Living Room, Freestanding.
- Alarm -Smoke/Fire, Security System
- Additional Interior Features
- Open Floor Plan, Storage, Built-Ins, Built-Ins, Recessed Lights
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces. 2 Parking Spaces. 2 Car Garage.
- Lot View
- City, Hill, Mountain, Panoramic, Valley, Canyon
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Rain Gutters, Custom Built.
Source: Sperling's Best Places
Median List Price $1,130,000
Median Sold Price $862,000
Days On Market 73
Sales-List Price 101.6%
SOURCE: CRMLS - California Regional MLS